Mandy Mission

"And this is the account of Sister Amanda Carter and her brethren, their journeyings in the land of Western New York, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy..." (Alma 28:8)

Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010

Dear Family,

Well there isn't much to report this week. It has been snowing here A LOT! I now have a new outlook on tracting. As we go from house to house we actually carrying a golf ball in our pocket. Since we have our gloves on, and its too cold to take them off, we take out our golf ball and knock on doors with that. They know how to do things here in New York. I'm glad I learned how to deal with the snow in Logan or this might be quite a shock coming from St George. We're going to make the most of it though and have a snowball fight today for P-day.

Well... I would like to report that this week was a lot better than last week but it wasn't really. Sister Stone and I joke around that it feels like a bad breakup happened with us and L. Every time we bring up his name or read it in our journal we turn away in disgust :). The Atonement has definitely taken place in our hearts though and every day I feel more peace about the situation. President Christianson told me once that just as important as the Lord's will is the Lord's timing. So I will trust in that. We also moved forward with a baptismal date with S. He came to church these last couple weeks and so we decided to set a baptism date again with him. So it was for.... yesterday. So all week we went to his house, taught him lessons, watched uplifting church movies, played church games to keep him excited. President even went over and interviewed him and gave him a blessing. Well, yesterday rolled around, the programs were made, the font was being filled and there was no Scott. We waited, we called, we went over to his house.... nothing. N. O. T. H. I. N. G. We tried all day with no avail. He still hasn't gotten a hold of us, we don't even know what is going on.
*Sigh*. Man, Satan's a beast.
Sister Stone and I have taught so many people that have, literally, stepped their toes into the baptismal font and run away. So today, I find my hope in this quote by President Monson:
" I testify to you that our promised blessings are beyond measure. Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us."

Thank you for the 12 days of Christmas package! I'm so excited to get started. This will Sister Stone and I's last week together which is super sad... it will be interesting to see what happens next week. I think of you all every day. I hope you are all doing well. I love you and hope you have an amazing week.

Love always, Sister Carter