Mandy Mission

"And this is the account of Sister Amanda Carter and her brethren, their journeyings in the land of Western New York, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy..." (Alma 28:8)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

Dearest family,

Sigh... what a week! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I know this is Kreigh and Kris' favorite holiday and so I'm sure Atreyu got all costumed-up. What did everyone dress up as? Did we get any trick or treaters this year for Abby to bark at? This Halloween ended up being a great one for us. We had the ward truck-or-treat on Saturday night which was a lot of fun and then last night Sister Stoker and I got a special invitation to come to the Senior couple's Harvest dinner. They wanted an encore clogging presentation!!! So... we gave them what the people wanted! Sister Stoker and I thought it would be funny to dress-up as a Senior couple as well. So I wore this terrible 80's grandma dress with shoulder-pads and bright red lipstick (although, to their credit, none of the Senior sisters actually dress like that), and Sister Stoker wore a white shirt and tie, and we put flour in our hair to make it look white. Oh the Senior couples LOVED it when we walked in! They think everything we sisters do is cute. It was such a great night. We ate food, enjoyed each other's talents, and Sister Stoker and I performed our famous dance for the last time (she goes home in two weeks). I sure love those Senior couples. They have become my new adopted Grandparents :)

The rest of the week has been pretty good. Its been one of those weeks where you wonder if you're really making a difference. We have people that we are teaching but none of them are progressing. No one is willing to change to get closer to the Savior... frustrating. Its funny because I feel like I'm getting split personalities. Some days I don't think I can wake up and do it again, but then I go to bed and night and feel as if I never want to leave. I had a dream the other night that I was home and Dad told me that it was time to take my badge off. I, first off, told him he had no authority to tell me that (ha) but he told me he had permission from the Stake President to release me. So I took off my badge and as I walked up to him I looked at it. It was banged up, and scratched, and as I walked I thought about all of the things I had experienced wearing that badge. When I finally handed it over to Dad I just sat and cried and cried. The sad thing is... that dream some day, will happen (except it probably won't be Dad :)). And that kinda breaks my heart. But, I'm not going to think too much about that right now. I've still got a month and a half. Every day is a brand new day, thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Anyway, sure love all of you. You're my rocks. I can't wait to see Baby A WALKING! I'm missing all the good stuff. You're all the best.

Love always, Sister Carter