Mandy Mission

"And this is the account of Sister Amanda Carter and her brethren, their journeyings in the land of Western New York, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy..." (Alma 28:8)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Japan!!!-March 7, 2011

Dear Family,

Well I just have to start off by saying..... I KNEW IT!!!!!! I knew it would be Japan! I called that years ago! Kyle just seems like a Japanese-boy! I can't even begin to describe how excited and happy I am that that is where Kyle is called to serve! I have been anxious ALL WEEK, anticipating the news. There is nothing like knowing exactly where the Lord wants you to be, at a particular time and place in your life. It really is an incredible experience. And he leaves on July 13th! One day before I did last year! What a coincidence. I have had a bit of a sad moment, now that it has hit me that I won't see Kyle for three years, but I am excited for the things that we will be able to accomplish while we're away. There really is nothing like missionary work. I love that Kyle gets to go spend two years with the Asian people, he'll find a deep and lasting love for those humble people like I have in my life.

I'm glad that everything with Mom is going well. I'm glad the first rounds of treatments is done and that you've been able to find a good balance with your medications so you don't feel so sick all the time. It calms my nerves to know how you are doing, the good and the bad, so that I don't think that you're keeping something from me so I won't worry. Every day I see the Lord's hand bless my heart to remain strong and steady and I know that He is doing the same thing right now for everyone of you. (P.S. I love Mom's new haircut).

Everything out here in the mission field is good. Lots of snow (I'm so use to it by now that I'm not even sure what the world looks like under it), today the sun is out which makes us all a little bit brighter and happier. We've experienced a lot of miracles. We have a new investigator right now. She is the sweetest woman. Her husband is a member of the church and she really hasn't been interested in learning about the gospel until right now. She is so open to everything we teach her. We've had some interesting times over there, once her dog peed ALL over my triple combination (James 1:5 will never be the same) and a couple days ago her son was robbed at gun point (sadly that is not too uncommon here) but when we taught her about the Restoration and explained how she can come to know for herself that Joseph Smith was a real prophet, she replied "I'm beginning to feel like this is all real". There really is nothing better than seeing heart's change on a mission. And I'm not even talking about other people, I'm talking about yourself too. Sometimes its hard for me to see the changes in myself, but when you give the Lord 100% of all you have He can take you to a higher plane, a more Celestial-like being. It really is neat.

We also recieved transfer calls today. Sister Gines and I are both staying in Irondequoit. I'm excited about this. I really feel like I haven't yet learned the lesson that I need to learn from living and serving here. I appreciate all the chances that we get to become renewed and get new chances.

I'm sorry this email was a little all over the places. Lots of thouhts for not enough time :). I would like to share this scripture that I found this week, as my thought for the week. I had so many tender miracles reading my scriptures this week. EVERY DAY this week I had an answer to my prayers come through the scriptures. I know we can receive answers if we pull open our scriptures and look for them. Heavenly Father will guide us there. This scripture is in D&C 58:3-4, and you'll probably be able to tell why it spoke to my heart this week:
"Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the presnet time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation. For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand."

I love this work. I love my family. I love the Lord.

I love to love :)

Love always, Sister Carter