Mandy Mission

"And this is the account of Sister Amanda Carter and her brethren, their journeyings in the land of Western New York, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy..." (Alma 28:8)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Finding our own Sacred Groves November 15, 2010

Dear Family,

What a crazy week its been for everyone. I was shocked to get that news about Grandpa. That is very scary. I'm so grateful for the Priesthood though. It sounds like the surgery went well? Its hard to be excited that Grandpa can't move. I'm so proud of the family that I come from. I'm so grateful to have immediate and extended family who are always there for each other. The love everyone has for one another is truly something amazing... how grateful I am that this is a forever thing! Love is eternal. Please let Grandpa know how much I love him, that I will pray for him with all my might, and that he is my angel.

Well the weather was beautiful this week and so were the miracles that happened! I am so happy to report that all of your prayers were answered on behalf of our investigator. He was able to meet with President Christianson this week and the morning after he called us to tell us the best sentence in the entire world: "I have found a solution"!!!! I guess, in their meeting, President was able to give Lee a blessing and Lee went home to fast and pray on the matter. He told us over the phone that it just hit him what he needed to do. He's going to move into his garage!!! He has a loft up in his garage where he keeps his drumset and he told us that he told once he gets heat in there it will be good to go to live in. He even went up to measure if his bed would fit already. What a sacrifice for him! I'm just in awe. ITS A MIRACLE!!! He kept saying on the phone "I know this is real." After we hung up with him Sister Stone and I danced around the apartment singing and cheering at the top of our lungs and when we finally sat down, and the reality of what just happened sunk in, we were so overwhelmed in gratitude we just sat and cried. Wow.... wow.... wow.... This work is so true. I feel it in every part of my being. I will be able to testify, my entire existence, that I know that there is a God that is out there who answers our prayers. How grateful I am that an All-knowing Being can love each imperfect one of us perfectly. Its amazing.

We had Zone Conference this week which is always amazing with President Christianson speaking. He talked to us about finding our own "Sacred Groves" in life. We should all have a place, like Joseph did, where we can retire to think, ponder, and speak out loud to our loving Father in Heaven. A place where we can have our own spiritual experiences. When I first got out on my mission I remembered Dad telling me that sometimes he would go into another room and pour out his soul in prayer when the mission was just too hard. Almost every single day, since I've been out here, I've been able to do that. I wake up, a few minutes before my companion, and go into another room to pray out loud. When my alarm clock goes off and I don't want to get out of bed I always think to myself "Am I going to make it through the day without Him?" The answer is always: No. So I always muster enough strength to get on my knees. I know that has blessed me to be able to get through every single day. I attribute every day to Him. President Christianson stated that it was important for us to find our own Sacred Grove because "When you come out of your grove you will know the Savior, you will know Joseph Smith, and almost as much as both of those you will know yourself."

I'm glad to hear everything else is going well at home. Atreyu looks so cute in his little model shots. I can't believe Jordan is home! That is just insane! I hit my four month mark yesterday... a big reality check on how much I have/have not progressed in the time that I have had here. I'm glad you got all the pictures on my camera card. The girl that is with us all the time in our pictures and videos is Ally. She's a recent convert. The one that was baptized when we got here. She is the most amazing person in all the world. If I only get to witness one true miracle on my mission is would be her.

Well I love you all. You are all always in my prayers. I think of you every day. Have an amzing week.

Love always, Sister Carter