Mandy Mission

"And this is the account of Sister Amanda Carter and her brethren, their journeyings in the land of Western New York, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy..." (Alma 28:8)

Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm an Aunt!-October 25, 2010

WHAT THE WHAT!!??? (You guessed right Dad :))

I'M AN AUNT!!!!

ARE YOU FOR SERIOUS!!??

I couldn't believe it when I got the email from Kris!!! I HAVE A LITTLE NEPHEW! I've just been sitting here crying I'm so happy. He's so beautiful! He looks just like a baby doll, I wish I could hold him! That was not what I expected to hear from the family at all. He came so early! I'm so happy that he is so healthy. Makes my heart just soar!! I can't even begin to explain in words what I'm feeling right now. I'm just so happy. Tell Kris how proud of her I am. How brave she is. Kreigh's a Daddy! How... weird. He's going to be the best though. They both will. Their cute beautiful little family. Kreigh, Krista, Atreyu, and Miks.... I miss you guys. So is his full name Atreyu Thomas Carter? Does he sleep a lot? How is Kris feeling? Is her face any better now? Yay! So many questions... you have to tell me everything about this sweet little angel-face that came to us this week!

Well, now everything that I have to write doesnt even sound nearly as cool. That news just made my whole month! Atreyu is the miracle of the week for sure! Everything here has been going pretty well. Our investigator is still progressing towards baptism. He has some complications before he gets there though. His ex-girlfriend lives with him and the reason why he has her stay is because they have a seven year-old son together. So he wants to be around his son and so he lets her stay in his house. At first Sister Stone and I were confused on why he had to kick her out if he was still living the Law of Chastity but the Lord showed us why. A couple nights ago we went over to teach him and we walked into a scary situation. She was completely drunk and as we were trying to read the Book of Mormon she was screaming in the other room, the most vile things I've ever heard come out of someone's mouth. The Spirit was trying so hard to be there but right when she would open her mouth it could not stay. I've never felt the Spirit so tangible in all my life. Every time it wasn't there I felt so physically ill that I wasn't even able to open my mouth. Like it says in D&C: "If you do not have the spirit you cannot teach". I cried when we left because it was such an awful experience to not have the Spirit there. How lucky we are to be members of this church where it is here as our constant companion when we put ourselves in holy places. Our hope is that we will always be worthy of it, it is what will sustain us.

My thought today comes from a Disney show :) In "The Lion King" after King Mufasa was killed, Simba (who was going through a rebellious time in his life) saw his Father in the clouds. Mufasa chastened him and told him "You have forgotten who you are because you have forgotten me". I've learned two things from that phrase: #1- Disney movies truly are the best :) #2- When we remember who our Heavenly Father truly is we will never forget the potential that we have as His sons and daughters.

Anyway I love you all, so sorry this is short again! Yay for a new nephew! Keep me update on everything! Have a good week!

Love always, Sister Carter