Mandy Mission

"And this is the account of Sister Amanda Carter and her brethren, their journeyings in the land of Western New York, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy..." (Alma 28:8)

Friday, July 16, 2010

First Day at the MTC

Well hello all! It has been a very busy long day today! I can already see the Lord's blessings in His missionaries though. Today is our P-day so I need to write a quick note and tell you that everything is good. After I said "goodbye" to you, I turned the corner and ran right into Hermana Jardine! I can't even tell you how happy I was to see her. After that I went and got my room assignment and ran into Sister McGuire, that added to my happiness. All day I kept running into people I knew from my mission prep class. At dinner I found Sister Fox and that was a nice reunion after 10 years and Elder Ames, a guy that I was friends with in seminary. The best part of the whole day was when I got my companion, Sister Anderson. The same girl that was in my student ward up in Logan. So we've hit it right off and she is fabulous.

They have kept us so busy all day today. Doing lots of different classes and meetings. Its very exciting to be apart of the Lord's work and I've already felt His spirit so much in one day. The MTC is huge and I've gotten lost several times. I'm not use to calling people Elder and Sister, especially with all these people I already knew. But its a title of respect and so I will continue to try. There's so much I have to learn in such a short amount of time so that is probably why they give you no time to rest. I should have listened to Dad this morning about taking an Advil. There's so much information my mind is whirling! It's hard to think that was just this afternoon that I said goodbye to you guys. I'm doing fine right now...I'm sure it will catch up with me soon :) but I trust the Lord knows exactly what I need to be doing.

Sister Carter